You could towards your college expenses!
Annual Scholarship Awards Program
Your Credit Union is proud to sponsor an Annual Scholarship Awards Program which runs from January to March of each year. Under this program, members who are high school seniors and returning college students, can win money towards their college expenses.
A total of $8,000 is awarded as follows: five awards of $1,500 for the written essay approach and one award of $500 for the photo-based approach.
2021 Scholarship Awards Program
- Five awards of $1,500…for the traditional written essay approach
- One award of $500…for the photo-based approach
Featuring a total of in awards!
Topic for written essay:Building good credit is an important step in gaining financial independence as a young adult. Describe some of the benefits of having good credit and how Baltimore County Employees Federal Credit Union can help you achieve this goal. Please limit your essay to 500 words or less. Completed essay packages can be mailed or dropped off to the Towson Branch marked Attn: Scholarship Committee at 23 W. Susquehanna Avenue, Towson, MD 21204. Or email your application package to: email@example.com. Completed packages must be received by the deadline of March 31, 2021. Incomplete packages will not be evaluated. Note: Proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling is a factor in the judging of the written essays.
Topic for photo-based approach:
Take an original photograph that captures the concept of “service” which is one of the Credit Union’s core values.
Think about how to capture the essence of the theme.
Your photo doesn’t have to be directly related to the financial services industry, but it does need to capture the assigned theme.
Remember, your picture has to be an original photograph.
Email the photograph as part of your completed scholarship package (application and attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2021.
- Applicants must be primary members in good standing with the Baltimore County Employees Federal Credit Union as of November 1, 2020 and not a previous winner of a scholarship award from BCEFCU.
- Applicants related to the Official Family (Board, Volunteers and Employees) are not eligible to enter.
- Applicants must be entering their freshman through senior year of college or trade school. This scholarship is for undergraduate programs only. Verification is required of acceptance/enrollment to a college, university or trade school for the upcoming school year.
Will be based on the required materials listed under the section entitled “Items to Include” on the 2021 Scholarship Application. Incomplete application packages will not be evaluated. Please see instructions for each category as to how to deliver your application to the Credit Union.
Please note: Proper grammar, punctuation and spelling is a factor in the judging of the written essays. The deadline for all entries is March 31, 2021.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
The CU Foundation of MD/DC scholarship program offers $12,000 in scholarship awards.
Members of Maryland or District of Columbia-based credit unions and members of credit unions that are affiliated with the MD & DC Credit Union Association are eligible to apply.
Visit http://www.cufound.org/consumer-resources/college-scholarship/ for details and an application.