Mobile Deposit FAQs
Everything you need to know about Mobile Deposit!
Mobile Deposit allows you to securely deposit paper checks using your camera-enabled smartphone. You no longer need to visit a branch or mail in your check.
Members with a Credit Union Checking Account, who are enrolled in Online Banking and BCCU Mobile Banking, and have all their accounts in good standing at the Credit Union are eligible. Not all members will qualify. Some restrictions apply.
On your device, open Google Play or the Apple App Store and search for the BCCU Mobile Banking App. After you download the app, enter your existing Online Banking username and password, your account will appear. Look for the tab called Mobile Deposit.
Mobile Deposit allows you to make a deposit only into your checking account. You can only deposit into your checking account even if you can view other family members checking accounts using Online Banking. After your deposit is placed into your checking account and the hold period has expired, you can then use Online Banking to transfer the funds to your other share accounts or make a loan payment.
We do not charge our members for using this service. There may be charges associated with data usage on your smartphone depending on your wireless plan. Please check with your wireless provider for assistance with this information. We will not be responsible for any charges you incur from your wireless carrier for using Mobile Deposit.
Yes, the mobile deposit app will process:
- One check per deposit
- Maximum 10 check deposits in a day
- Combined daily deposit limit of $3,500.00 per day (The 24-hour period begins from last deposit)
The back of each check must include:
- Your signature (endorsement)
- Your member number
- The words: “Mobile Deposit only”
PLEASE NOTE: If the back of the check is not properly endorsed with all three items listed above, we reserve the right to reject the check for deposit. Rubber stamp endorsements are not acceptable.
Unendorsed checks will be rejected. After the item is rejected, you can sign the check and deposit it again through mobile deposit. Include your signature, member number, and the words Mobile Deposit.
- Checks over $3,500.00
- Money Orders, Savings Bonds, Checks drawn on your personal Baltimore County Employees Federal Credit Union account, or Checks using a date in the future.
- Checks or items dated more than six months prior to the date of deposit.International Items (ex: Canadian checks in foreign currency)
- Checks or items payable to any other person or entity other than you.
- Checks or items containing obvious alterations in any field on the front of the check, or which you know or suspect are fraudulent or not authorized by the account holder on which the check or item is drawn.
- 3rd party checks (checks payable to one person then endorsed over to a second person).
Deposits made to your account by Mobile Deposit will generally be made available to you within two (2) business days. In general, if an image of an item you transmit using Mobile Deposit is received and accepted before 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time on a business day, we will consider that to be the date of your Mobile Deposit. Otherwise, the next business day is considered the date of your Mobile Deposit. For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal holidays.
Funds from Mobile Deposits will be credited to your account at the end of the date of your Mobile Deposit and the first $200 will be available to you then. The remainder of funds will generally be available on the second business day. In some cases, we may not make funds deposited using Mobile Deposit available in accordance with this general policy. If there is a question with a particular check, BCEFCU may apply an extended hold. Should this occur, a communication will be sent to you informing you as to when your funds will be available.
The Credit Union’s check hold policy remains in effect whether we receive the deposit by mail, night drop, ATM, over the counter, or by Mobile Deposit.
You can submit your checks by Mobile Deposit 24 hours a day. If we receive your accepted check deposit by 4:00 pm on a business day it will show in your checking account by 8:00 am the next business day. Accepted deposits made after 4:00 pm will show in your checking account the second business day.
If a deposit is made prior to 4:00 pm, it will show in your account the next business day. (It is not immediately viewable in your account history.)
You agree to securely store each original check for a period of 30 days after the deposit is posted to your account and to provide the Credit Union with the original check upon request. You agree never to re-present the check. After the 30 days period, you agree to mark the check as electronically presented or void and to dispose of the check to ensure it will not be presented again for payment.
- Close all other apps running in the background on your phone before opening the BCCU Mobile App
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Place the check on a flat solid dark color background in a well-lit area.
- Try not to include too much of the background area surrounding the check.
- Be sure to keep all four corners of the check inside the green guidance lines.
- Keep the check straight and level compared to the guidance lines.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Endorse the back of your check with your signature, account number, and the words “Mobile Deposit only”.
Call Member Services at 410 828-4730 and a representative will be happy to help you. Remember that Smartphones are made by various manufacturers using different operations systems relying on multiple wireless carriers. Not every smartphone will work with our app. The Credit Union is not in the position to diagnose app issues. It is the member’s responsible to work out the technical issues with their cell phone provider.
No, to provide the best security we link your Online Banking account to only one device. If you purchase a new device or use a different phone you need to call us so that we can deactivate your current device to allow the app to work on a new device.
First unregister your old device by going to Online Banking under the Self-service tab and click on Mobile Money. After 24 hours, you can download the BCCU App onto a new cell phone.
It can be used on an iPhone, and Android smartphones. It is not available for Blackberry.
Mobile Deposit supports:
- Android smartphone using OS 2.2 or newer with camera 2.0 Megapixels or greater
- iPhone models using Apple iOS 5.0.1 or newer
The Mobile Deposit App has deposit history available for your review. Please check your transaction history first to confirm the deposit. You can also log into Online Banking to see if the deposit has been credited to your account.
The deposit will appear in your checking account with the statement description “BCEFCU Mobile Deposit; mm/dd/yy:Check Dep”. mm/dd/yy = Month/Day/Year Mobile Deposit was submitted.