How To Join
Dedicated to improving the lives of our member-owners by providing quality financial products and services while maintaining the growth and stability of the credit union.
Our field of membership includes:
- Baltimore County Government employees
- Retired Baltimore County Government employees
- Registered Baltimore County volunteer fire and emergency services personnel
- Baltimore County Auxiliary Police
- Baltimore County Boards & Commissions
- Volunteers affiliated with Baltimore County agencies
- Members of the Baltimore County Retired Employees Association
- Members of immediate families or households of the above groups. (Proof of residency required.)
Select Credit Union-Related Groups
The Credit Union is not a county agency. We are a "not-for-profit" financial cooperative owned by our members. To maintain your membership, you must keep at least $5.00 on deposit at all times in the Regular Share Savings. All income generated within the Credit Union, less operating expenses and federal reserve requirements, is returned to members in the form of service benefits and dividends.
Rates and general operating policies are established by the Board of Directors. Board members are elected to serve a three year term by the membership at the Annual Meeting. The regulation of Credit Union policies is conducted by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and all accounts are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF).
Congratulations! If you are affiliated with one of the groups listed above, you are eligible for membership!
You can apply in person at one of two convenient branches or mail in your application. If you choose to mail in your application, your signature (and that of any joint owners) needs to be notarized.
Please note: verification of eligibility is necessary for Credit Union membership. The following guidelines have been established to welcome new members, protect our current members' assets, and adhere to local, state, and national regulations.
All new members are required to submit a government-issued photograph ID and confirmation that they are affiliated with one of the groups listed above.
Confirmation of affiliation may consist of:
- an official membership card for volunteers;
- a county issued ID and a pay stub for county employees;
- a pay stub or letter of employment from one of the affiliated groups mentioned above.
If you aren't sure if you're eligible, or have some questions about Credit Union membership, please contact the Member Service Department by phone, 410-828-4730 or 1-800-234-4730.
Once you (and any joint owners) have completed and signed the application, return the application along with your share savings account minimum deposit of $5.00 to either branch in person or by mail:
Baltimore County Employees Federal Credit Union
|23. West Susquehanna Avenue
Towson, MD 21286
|8640 Ridgely's Choice Drive
Baltimore, MD 21236