Make The Switch
Making the switch to the Baltimore County Employees Federal Credit Union is as easy as one-two-three! To switch your accounts, follow the three steps listed in the "Switch Kit Checklist." Be sure to print, complete and mail all applicable forms to the appropriate parties and begin taking advantage of our extensive line of products and services.
Adobe Acrobat Reader- click here
To view, download and print these documents, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have this free plug-in for your browser, please download and install it on your computer by clicking the Acrobat link above.
Switch Kit Checklist
Step 1: Open an account at BCEFCU
- Click here to download an application (complete and return to BCEFCU)
- Click here to download a Checking Account application if you're already a member. Or
- Visit one of our convenient locations (click here for driving directions)
Step 2: Change Direct Deposits and Automatic Payments
Direct Deposit Changes:
Direct deposits may include payroll, retirement, social security, child support, or interest and dividend payments.
Complete and submit the appropriate direct deposit forms.
Please note that many forms require the Credit Union's routing/transit number. Our routing/transit number is 252075757.
- Click here for a Baltimore County Direct Deposit Change Form-(must be mailed or returned to BCEFCU, please note that a change in direct deposit will result in the issue of a paper check for one pay)
- Click here for a Baltimore County Retirement Direct Deposit Change Form-(must be mailed or returned to BCEFCU, please note that a change in direct deposit will result in the issue of a paper check for one pay)
- Click here for a generic Direct Deposit Authorization form (Non-Baltimore County Government employees should contact your employer's Human Resources Department for information on direct deposit change requirements)
- Social Security Direct Deposits- visit www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm or call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778)
Automatic Payment Changes:
Notify all companies who you have authorized to deduct funds from your account of your account change to BCEFCU.
- Click here for the Automatic Payments Transfers Checklist, an easy-to-use chart to help you keep track of vendors to notify
- Click here for Authorization to Change Automatic Payments
Step 3: Close Old Account
Complete and mail the Close Account Form when:
- All checks and automatic payments have been deducted from your old account
- Any direct deposits are being made into your BCEFCU account
If you have any additional questions or concerns, or need more information, our Member Services Representatives are ready to assist! Please contact us at 410-828-4730, or visit us at either BCEFCU location for assistance with making the switch to the Baltimore County Employees Federal Credit Union.